Travel By Car
Where is the festival?
The festival takes place on Lemon Quay and Boscawen Street, Truro TR1 2EH.
Where can I park?
Truro has twelve public pay and display car parks as well as two park and ride routes to make it easy to get into the city.
- Carrick House (short stay) St Clement Street TR1 1EB (Cornwall Council owned)
- Old Bridge Street (short stay) Old Bridge Street TR1 2AH – (Cornwall Council owned ) Pay on exit
- Edward Street (long stay) Edward Street TR1 3AJ (Cornwall Council owned )
- Garras Wharf (long stay) Garras Wharf TR1 2TN – (Cornwall Council owned) Pay on exit
- Moorfield (long stay multi storey, indoor decks locked from 8pm – 7am Monday to Saturday and from 5.30pm – 7am on Sunday) Calenick Street TR1 2QD
- Moresk (long stay) TR1 1DW (Cornwall Council owned)
- Pydar Street (long stay) Pydar Street TR1 3SP (Cornwall Council owned )
- Viaduct (long stay multi storey, locked 7-p.m.-7.30 a.m).TR1 3SP (Cornwall Council owned)
- High Cross (long stay) St Clement Street TR1 1DQ (NCP) Pay on exit
- Lemon Quay (long stay multi storey) Fairmantle Street TR1 2EG (Excel carparking)
- Tabernacle Street – (Long stay) Tabernacle Street TR1 2EJ (RCP Parking Ltd)
- Train Station (Long stay) Station Road, TR1 3HH (APCOA Parking)
City centre council run long stay carparks are free in the evening from 4pm -9am, city centre short stay council run carparks are free from 5pm-9am
Disabled Parking – Please note Cornwall Council own most of the car parks in Truro. Blue Badge holders are allowed to park for free if they have a vehicle that is adapted or they have registered on the Cornwall Council exemption scheme. To register for this scheme you are required to submit an application in advance of your visit, for more information please contact Cornwall Council on 0300 1234 222 .
Park and Ride
Truro also has two Park and Ride services and if you’re planning to stay a while then this is a good way to visit us. Please note the Park and Ride does not operate on Sundays.
Real- time passenger information is available along the route and there’s also Wifi on every bus.
Langarth (Western side of Truro, approach from A390) TR4 9AN
If approaching from the A30 head towards Truro (A390) at the Chiverton Cross roundabout. There are signs for the Park for Truro site and an access road just before the Threemilestone roundabout. The site can also be accessed from Threemilestone and for people coming from the Truro / Falmouth direction on the A390 past the Royal Cornwall Hospital and Truro & Penwith College.
Tregurra (Eastern side of Truro, near the junction of the A39 and A390) TR1 1RH
The Tregurra site is located East of Truro near the junction of the A39 and A390 ( St Austell ) if approaching from the A30, head towards the A39 at the Carland Cross roundabout. There are signs for the site and an access road just after Truro livestock market. The site can also be accessed from the A390 when approaching from the St Austell direction.
The taxi rank on Boscawen Street will operate as normal. Collection/drop off point is by the statue on Boscawen Street.
Travel By Train
Great Western Railway operate high speed train services between Penzance and London Paddington, which stop frequently at Truro Station, as does a half hour train service direct to/from Falmouth. Truro Station is located just a short walk to the food festival.
Travelling by train can be excellent value for money with the following tickets and railcards also available to purchase.
- A Cornwall Ranger allows unlimited off-peak travel on all rail within Cornwall and between Cornwall and Plymouth for just £12.50.
- A Ride Cornwall ticket allows unlimited off-peak travel on all rail, and most buses within Cornwall and between Cornwall and Plymouth (not valid for local journeys within Plymouth) for just £18.
- Devon and Cornwall Railcard: For just £12 per year, this card gives Devon and Cornwall residents a third off most Standard Off-Peak tickets for you and a friend when travelling in the two counties. You can also take up to four accompanying children (ages 5-15) on the journey for £1 each.
Book your tickets now at GWR.com